Sunday, 2016-12-11, 6:01 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Infos: » Server Status?
Server Status?
mardukDate: Tuesday, 2014-06-10, 9:00 PM | Message # 21
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 21
@Robert: that is what I think. 5 € a month, that is such a cheap hobby. Just one night in a bar and you spend 40-50 €. Also, for a gym you pay 30 € a month.               No matter how you compare it, it is cheap! But still, most of the players do not want to pay. I do not get it.

@Radio: a donation progress bar on the front page would be really good. This way everyone could always see how much money is still needed to keep the                           server alive for the actual month. As you say, it works for other communities too. I know it from an internet-radio and they always get enough donations to              keep their radio alive (and thats for years now).

Quid pro quo!

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 9:56 AM | Message # 22
General
Awards: 37
I would be more inclined to donate if the server owner would interact more with the community, react to PM's/postings in the past and generally be more active.

Look at the situtation right now, server is down for several days and not a single word by Stefan. Is it an attack, incompetence of the server host, power outage or end of server rental contract? We don't know because we never get told anything. I wonder how people who donated a lot think of that, I know that I would not be happy. But I've always tried to pay it back in another way like writing news, administration, advertise the mod everywhere, being present on every single event, record & edit them etc.

My Youtube Channel

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 10:57 AM | Message # 23
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 10
I agree with you eYe.
There is a lack of information about the server status in general.
Too bad, 'cause the last announced event could have been a great success, if we could better react on server outtimes

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 2:00 PM | Message # 24
General
Awards: 21
@Eye: I stopped donating because Stefan did not respond to my requests... But until that time I spent about 90 € I guess.

Stefan spent lots of money for the server though! You have to appreciate that. And I can also understand that he stopped paying for the server. Writing news is not supporting Stefan. He got a wife & a child. What counts for him is cash and I can understand that!

Quid pro quo!

CanukAttakDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 5:04 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 4
Ok my understanding is we need money im willing to donate but ive never used paypal or know how to transfer money to stefan in germany and im in canada, if someone wants to walk me through it I got a $100 canadian smackers dont know the exchange rate. But at the same time A little more information would be good if money is getting low to run server or whatever.  I dont want this to end ive been playing BF1942 for 13 years and fhsw for 2 people cant bitch if your playing for free So.... that being said lets get er done

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 7:17 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Awards: 7
I have to be honest, I haven't donated any money at all because of lack of information. I didn't know who to give it to, how much was needed, what the exchange rate was, or anything else I could do to just help out. Plus, if we don't even know the problem because the owner isn't communicating with the community then how can we solve it by just getting people lined up to pay? We need to get in touch with Stefan so we know exactly what needs to be done and how to fix it.

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 7:20 PM

DeathDate: Thursday, 2014-06-12, 6:36 PM | Message # 27
Major General
Awards: 12
I do think Stefan should tell us why the server is down, if its because of a lack of donations, tell us, I'm sure many of us would donate.

LieutenantCableDate: Tuesday, 2014-06-24, 11:23 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant
Awards: 0
I'll admit that I was a "free rider," and I'm sorry. But as Ben said, there was limited information on how to do it, plus back then I didn't have a way of sending money other than hard cash through an international package service.

cable flies a plane

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Infos: » Server Status?
Page 2 of 2«12
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990