Thursday, 2018-01-18, 5:59 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 5 of 5«12345
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable
bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 8:54 AM | Message # 81
Major
Group: Trusted
Awards: 10
Quote Xenanab ()
Now that I obtained some free time the server is down... that's unfortunate
Not so quickly lads! biggrin No giving up! Let not my 5 hour night battle go in vain lol

Message edited by bubu - Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 9:57 AM

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 12:38 PM | Message # 82
Colonel
Awards: 15
You did it! Server is back!

What exactly happened? Did you contact wewak at all?

@Marduk

We definitely need a new forum admin. I might be able to do it, but I need someone to explain me how the most important functions work. I have a bit of forum administration experience though.

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 8:13 PM | Message # 83
Major
The remote desktop port had been under brute-force attack for some days and I decided that changing password constantly is not a way to go. I know there is only a small chance some of those may succeed but I dislike that thought.

I tried to deploy RD Gateway, which uses certificates (selfsigned for example) to verify the host connecting to the server. The certificate has subtle attribute of subject. The subject for the server is its hostname in our case. It, however, should be an domain name by which you are then connecting to the server's RDP. Since the server does not have an domain name set up, I am connecting via IP address. So there is a mismatch in "by what I should be connecting" and "by what I am connecting". That therefore locks everyone and everything out.

Apart from couple of crazy ideas, which worked just because I had correct username and password and should generally not be used at all...I managed to get rid off the RD Gateway and get to the server itself smile

Regarding wewak: I have a telephone number that should apparently be his as it is German number. However, after calling it, his phone is unreachable. I tried to text to no avail. One of his email addresses has bounced email back that the inbox has been shut. I am rather not making any assumptions here...

mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-12-14, 9:17 AM | Message # 84
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 32
Regarding forum admins:
I do not have the rights to promote people to admins here and I dont know who can do this.
I could still be around to upload event flyers etc. though.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-12-14, 5:32 PM | Message # 85
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 23
Quote marduk ()
yes

bubuDate: Thursday, 2017-12-14, 8:18 PM | Message # 86
Major
Quote marduk ()
happy Yes!

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Page 5 of 5«12345
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2018 Powered by Stefan1990