Friday, 2016-12-09, 11:06 PM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Editing S&T (I'm a noob at this...)
Editing S&T
crazygameloverDate: Tuesday, 2014-10-21, 9:31 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
Hi all. I have recently decided to help fix some of the bugs in the current S&T pack, and to start I attempted to fix the Knee Mortar bug (it has no sound)
First, I unpacked the old(0.42) S&T sound and objects.rfa and the new(0.55) S&T sound and objects.rfa using BGA. Then, I found the Knee Mortar files in the old sound and objects folders and moved them into the new sound and objects folders, replacing the files already in there. Finally, I repacked the edited folders into .rfas, placed them in bf1942/mods/STFHSW/archives (after correctly installing S&T), launched FHSW and...nothing happened. FHSW does not work.
What am I doing wrong? Was there something I forgot to do? Was there something I shouldn't have done? I really want to learn, but I unfortunately can't find any "how to edit Sound and Texture pack for FHSW" tutorials  tongue
Would anyone be willing to give a short tutorial on how to fix sounds/replace them with ones from a previous S&T pack? Thanks, I hope this isn't too much to ask.

-crazy

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2014-10-22, 10:05 AM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 37
If it refuses to start it usually means you packed it wrong which is often caused by wrong file hierarchy. You should also not replace .con files if you don't know what you're doing because then you most likely can't join servers anymore. I can't really say what exactly you did wrong without looking at it by myself.

If you just want S&T 0.42 in 0.552 use this download by a Japanese player who uses most of my objects.rfa but included all of the old sounds: http://www1.axfc.net/u/3323138

Sorry that I'm using you guys as beta testers for my version but I really want to build it from the ground up because there's so much unefficient coding and unused stuff in the original files. It's a lot of work and bugs now but in the future it should require just a few adjustments to make it working for the next version.

My Youtube Channel

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2014-10-22, 12:50 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
Thank you eye! I'm sorry I couldn't help you, but thank you very much for the download and insight  up Good luck with the S&T.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Editing S&T (I'm a noob at this...)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990