Friday, 2016-12-09, 1:57 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Wolga Map Loading Screen (Game Crashing)
Wolga Map Loading Screen
(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 0:45 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 7
So, about a year and a half ago when I first started playing FHSW, I was playing the game quite a lot. One day when I tried to join the server, on the in game server browser the server said it was playing the map Midway. When I tried to join this "Custom map" loading screen popped up and after progressing about half way my computer made the error noise and then my game crashed. I tried and tried to join but couldn't so I gave up. When that map was over I tried once more to join the server. I was able to and the map loading screen now displayed the correct map loading screen. I thought it was just a bug and that was the end of it. But ever since then, periodically that "Wolga
 Custom Map" loading screen will pop up and I won't be able to play no matter what map is really being played on the server. The only info I can provide without any questions is that the loading screen displays a PFC custom map. I have some of the PFC maps and mappacks because I like to get all the maps I can get my hands on. Could one of those map loading screen files gotten mixed up in FHSW somehow because I do believe there's a PFC map called Wolga. But, that wouldn't explain why it makes my game crash. Can having the wrong loading screen for a map make the game crash? Anyways this is real annoying and any help would be greatly appreciated.

wewakDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 2:40 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
yes take out all PFC maps from your FH folder. It messes up the lexicon file or something. I believe you can sort by date to see which ones they are.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 3:25 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 37
Yep FHSW's localisation file has some bugs, try this one if you want to keep the PFC maps: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zagr48

Unzip and drop it into your FHSW folder.

My Youtube Channel

(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 10:51 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Thanks for your answers guys, I really appreciate it! Thanks Eye for your solution!

Added (2014-11-23, 10:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I just thought I'd add this onto this thread since it kinda involves the same problem.
Today after the event and server crash I went and played on Starking's server and we started the map "Simusyu To", so my game proceeded to load the map and such. When it came to the very end of loading it stopped, the sound bleeped out for a second, then the game crashed. What is this? I ran the map on a local server and it runs fine, so its when I try to play it online that it crashes my game. Thanks for any answers you can provide me!

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Sunday, 2014-11-23, 8:54 PM

wewakDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 10:55 PM | Message # 5
Major
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Could be a conflict with sound and texture pack?

(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2014-11-23, 11:55 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Would the S&T only affect the map online and not locally? I always thought that if it was a S&T pack problem that it would affect the map online and offline. But I don't know, you could be right.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Wolga Map Loading Screen (Game Crashing)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990