[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Game Crashes
Game Crashes
(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2015-04-11, 6:41 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 7
I think there was already a thread for this problem but I believe it was some what old so I'm starting a new one. My problem is that whenever we play certain maps, such as Remagen, my game will crash either loading into the map or during the game. I've taken almost every precaution; I do have the the S&T pack but after the first crash I deleted the remagen file from it. It still crashed after that but this time the textures went all black like I believe Death has mentioned before that that has happened to him. Anyways I really don't know what to do and I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide, it wouldn't only be helping me but the others I know that have this same problem. Thanks!

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-04-11, 9:52 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 8
Have you tried deleting the S&T pack entirely? Also, what resolution are you playing in? 1920 x 1080 can cause some problems, from my experience. Try reducing it to a lower res if you currently have it at high one.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2015-04-11, 11:23 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
I do have my res set high, but I've had it set at that for a while even in .552 and it didn't cause problems. I guess the only thing would be to delete the pack entirely but I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. Thanks for the help!

starking018Date: Sunday, 2015-04-12, 2:34 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 10
Instead of deleting files just make a new folder and move the files there.
  • Try running the game in Windows NT 4.0 compatibility mode or no compatibility mode.
  • If you have custom maps in Battlefield 1942\Mods\FH\Archives\bf1942\levels (arrange the files by date modified and select all files after 19.5.2006) they will cause crashes on some FHSW maps. If your game is installed in e.g. C:\Program files\Battlefield 1942 make new folders somewhere under C:\ (e.g. c:\custom maps backup folder) but not where the maps are (i.e. NOT "FH\Archives\bf1942\levels\custom maps backup folder" - it won't work), and move the maps there.
  • Try removing the FHSW S&T pack (I think you can do that by only changing the init.con file in Battlefield 1942\Mods\FHSW).
  • If you have a S&T pack for FH try removing it.

Start from the top, try loading and playing Remagen on a server, note results.

Message edited by starking018 - Sunday, 2015-04-12, 2:35 AM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2015-04-12, 5:05 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Ok, will do these steps and get back on here and report results as soon as possible. Thanks!

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-04-12, 8:34 AM | Message # 6
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 37
Quote starking018 ()
Try removing the FHSW S&T pack (I think you can do that by only changing the init.con file in Battlefield 1942\Mods\FHSW).

Yes to disable S&T Pack open the init.con in the FHSW folder with notepad and remove the line
Code
game.addmodPath Mods/STFHSW/

My Youtube Channel

DeathDate: Monday, 2015-04-13, 4:47 AM | Message # 7
Major General
Group: Admins
Awards: 12
So these are Texture pack issues?

Because my game has been disconnecting from server and crashing  A LOT lately  angry

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Game Crashes
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990