Friday, 2017-08-18, 6:17 PM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beitr├Ąge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Broken meshes when exporting to SM format
Broken meshes when exporting to SM format
mastakillaDate: Tuesday, 2015-05-05, 2:01 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Messages: 13
Awards: 0
Reputation: 0
Status: Offline
Hi to all!

So basically I bought 3 "Arab" buildings. So far I've been able to export two of these correctly in BF1942 with correct MatIDs, textures and etc. So no problem for these models. However the third model is giving me a headache. Whenever I try to export part of the model (because it is split in many objects) or when I attach all objects together to make one mesh, I get a broken mesh when I test it in my mod. Basically the export process works correctly (I select Auto Generate LODs + Use Object Names for Export in the BF Tools dialog).

After the mesh is exported I import it into 3ds Max using the BF Tools option. However, it appears in the viewport with a pitch black texture. Normally when I successfully import a .SM file into 3ds Max, the mesh appears as light gray, and works in game normally. This pitch black texture on the mesh, when re-exported, gives me a broken mesh in game. Parts of the model are missing faces and collisions don't work properly. I have no idea what causes this. I have tried to mess around with the "Ignore Backfacing" option in the Max file for the faulty mesh, but that didn't work. Converting all objects into Editable Polys (some were Editable Meshes) doesn't work either. The other way around (editable polys to editable meshes) doesn't seem to do anything either.

At this point I am really annoyed because these are models I paid for and they HAVE to work in my mod.

If it might help, I am using Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 32-bits on Windows 8.1. I always use the program with Admin rights and Win XP SP2 compatibility mode. However I doubt that this is the root of the problem. I just don't understand why the first two models I could export to my mod with absolutely no issue, and the third one gives me a broken mesh.

Here I have uploaded the models in their original MAX format. The faulty model is called "01_max_standard_arabB.max"; the other two work fine but I will still upload them to help you understand the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3zwo3 ... ection.zip

If you are interested in figuring out what the problem is, I will send you a PM with the password to the encrypted ZIP file and your name will be in my mod's credits.


Message edited by mastakilla - Tuesday, 2015-05-05, 2:01 PM
 
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Broken meshes when exporting to SM format
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990