Thursday, 2017-08-17, 3:58 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » FHSW loading takes forever
FHSW loading takes forever
jlzicarDate: Monday, 2015-07-13, 3:42 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hi guys, I have recenlty bought a new computer, installed bf1942 with FHSW and... the maps just load forever. I waited 5 minutes and the loading was at like 35%. Since I used to play FSHW on another computer, I recall the loading shoudl take no more than about 3 minutes.

Appreciate your suggestions very much.

BF Version is origin,
4 GB RAM
PC is rather good (2,3GHz Processor, 2GB Graphics card, etc.)

Btw. name used to be Valor, you might recall me from few sessions smile

wewakDate: Monday, 2015-07-13, 7:39 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Hello Valor,

try the solutuions in this thread http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/21-675-1

I can try help you further if it still is taking too long.

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-07-14, 2:06 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 28
You need more RAM! I had a laptop with 4 GB before: loading times up to 5 mins. Now I have a tower with 8 GB: loading time 1:20-1:40 min....

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

jlzicarDate: Tuesday, 2015-07-14, 4:17 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Thanks for suggestion, but I used to play on 4GB or 2Gb ram (don't remember) and it went pretty smoothly. The thing now is that the maps won't load at all (it goes at almost zero speed from 40-60%)...so what I'm doing right now is reistnalling BF, FH and FHSW on another disk with hope of joining the game maybe tonight.

But I might have these questions:
I have Windows 8. Shall I install the compatibility patch or run the game in compatibility mode (if so, then which)?
Shall I use the compatibility patch for Windows 7?

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2015-07-14, 7:15 PM | Message # 5
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote marduk ()
You need more RAM! I had a laptop with 4 GB before: loading times up to 5 mins. Now I have a tower with 8 GB: loading time 1:20-1:40 min....
This is anecdotal evidence which can not be a proof. 4GB is as fine as 8GB.

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2015-07-15, 10:16 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 14
4GB ram can only be a problem if a lot of that memory is used for other stuff and very little is available for the game. You can easily exclude that possibility if you check your Task Manager and see if there is at least 1200MB or so of free physical memory before you start the game. Either that, or see if during the loading the disk starts being accessed a lot (the disk indicator light starts flashing all the time). Normally it only happens (reading from disk) for about the last 10-20 seconds of loading.

More likely it has something to do with compatibility modes. Someone with Windows 8 should be in a better position than me to tell you exactly what you need to do in Windows 8. But you should probably try one patch that is called "FH no compatibility mode for Windows Vista/7" or something like that (maybe the same thing you were thinking about). It replaces a few files in the FH folder. You should also have a patched bf1942.exe from team-simple.org (http://team-simple.org/download/bf1942-v1.612-origin-patched.zip). Then you should try different compatibility modes for bf1942.exe but I don't know exactly what works best for Windows 8. Search these forums or other forums.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-07-15, 12:26 PM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 28
Marduk: "You need more RAM! I had a laptop with 4 GB before: loading times up to 5 mins. Now I have a tower with 8 GB: loading time 1:20-1:40 min...."

Mr J: "This is anecdotal evidence which can not be a proof. 4GB is as fine as 8GB.4GB is as fine as 8GB."

One doesnt need a statistical evidence for that. Some things are just obvious. Beside that, other players told me the same.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2015-07-15, 7:21 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
With Windows 8 you need to install the compatibility patch, and then always run BF1942 without any compatibility mode enabled. It may also help to run as admin as well. Even if you don't have Windows 8, try this if you can't find a solution.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » FHSW loading takes forever
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990