Monday, 2016-12-05, 0:30 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Weird sound issue I have across all mods.
Weird sound issue I have across all mods.
JiangZhongzhengDate: Sunday, 2015-09-13, 8:30 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
I feel like this is something most likely wrong with my computer, but I recently did a factory reset of my computer and reinstalled 1942 along with all the mods. Everything runs just fine, with the occasional crash of course, but something that's also persistent is the muted sounds in the game. When I'm in first person, I can't hear the sound of the rifle, pistol, etc. firing, but I can hear the bullet casing hitting the ground. The same applies for tanks and planes; for tanks, I can't hear the main gun firing, but I can hear the sound of the shell hitting something, and also the secondary fire, and with planes, i can't hear the engine turning on and working, but I can hear the guns firing just fine. Again, only in first person. I also cannot hear myself saying commands, like "Take cover!" or "Cover me!", but this only happens while i'm looking in a certain direction. If I'm in a jeep for example, I can turn my head and hear myself saying commands. I don't know what would be the cause of this, and it would be really great if I could figure it out.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-09-13, 10:00 AM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 37
Do you use any compatibility modes?

You could also try this: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/21-203-1

My Youtube Channel

starking018Date: Sunday, 2015-09-13, 1:02 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 10
You could also try with or without hardware acceleration (it's on the second page of the sound settings in the menu). In any case the sound is appreciably better with hardware acceleration on, so I would recommend trying to get it to work properly with hardware acceleration on.

Some cheap audio hardware, such as integrated audio, don't support hardware acceleration, so the option is greyed out. If that's the case then I would recommend getting a sound card, like any Creative sound card.

To get the sound to work properly you'll probably have to set BF1942.exe to a compatibility mode - either Windows XP SP3, Windows XP SP2 or Windows NT. I think I remember others complaining about some sound issues without this. Also, I very rarely get crashes (that excludes disconnects, which happen more often). So it's possible that you also have a crash issue that can be fixed.

Message edited by starking018 - Sunday, 2015-09-13, 1:04 PM

JiangZhongzhengDate: Tuesday, 2015-09-15, 6:32 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Awards: 0
It was a problem with my speakers, it's fine now smile

starking018Date: Tuesday, 2015-10-27, 9:31 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 10
Come on, how could a speaker issue cause this (unless these 'speakers' also come with a sound card, like USB speakers)? Perhaps you changed something else, too? Others may have the same issue and wonder what's the right solution.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Support & Help: » Weird sound issue I have across all mods.
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990