1.Yes, I don't like themes, i want ABC[ 2 ][14.29%]
2.No, I want to keep chronological order of battle[ 12 ][85.71%]
Answers total: 14
mayerDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:08 AM | Message # 1
Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 14
Quote (HH)Benjamin ()
Well, most of you know what I'd like to do for next event, have an Alphabetical Ordered Event. Like with a map from A, B, C, etc. Choose a well-liked map to get it rolling(Alpenfestung or something that starts with A, or do a popular map when its letter comes up). We could also do it like all inf maps alphabetical order or tanks, planes, push, possibilities are endless. I might also add that this would be a good filtering system for those weekends when we don't have a good theme event and can just do this instead. Also a good way to please those who dislike the themed-events of the same kits and such, etc.

Why not let democracy decide!?

Vote Yes if you want to have monthly events follow the same alphabetical rotation the server does when noone changes the maps (usually when it's empty), starting with often played maps (Alpennoob, Remagen, etc.)

Vote No if you want to retain events with thematic emphasis (a specified war front or type of battle or year) in chronological order, so you feel the progress of the war

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:08 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 7
I got a really unorthodox idea, but here it goes anyways. Have an alphabetical ordered Event. A map from A, map from B, C, D, etc. A well like map from each letter. This is a good way to bring in some of the VERY unplayed maps of FHSW. Like we could make it a weekend thing or 2 weekends. A-M, N-Z. Just a thought. smile

mayerDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:08 AM | Message # 3
Admin
I don't like the idea of playing random themed maps in alphabetical order (imo timeline order is better).
But infantry battle or tank battle events are also possible

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:08 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Ok, that's fine. smile Anybody else want to put in an input?

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:08 AM | Message # 5
General
Awards: 37
For me it's the opposite actually, as I expressed before I find it a bit boring playing for example 5 desert maps in a row with almost identical equipment.

My Youtube Channel

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:09 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
@eYe
That is the same way I feel, which is also why I could go without theme-based tournaments. But that's another subject. I think this would be a good way to have some random, unplayed maps, as well as some well-liked maps also. But at the same time have the alphabetical order so its not completely wildness.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:09 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Well, most of you know what I'd like to do for next event, have an Alphabetical Ordered Event. Like with a map from A, B, C, etc. Choose a well-liked map to get it rolling(Alpenfestung or something that starts with A, or do a popular map when its letter comes up). We could also do it like all inf maps alphabetical order or tanks, planes, push, possibilities are endless. I might also add that this would be a good filtering system for those weekends when we don't have a good theme event and can just do this instead. Also a good way to please those who dislike the themed-events of the same kits and such, etc.

mayerDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 9:24 AM | Message # 8
Admin
For me Benjamin's request is absurd and out of question. We can play random maps on regular fightnights.
On monthly events where we really want people to join, enjoy the fight and stay longer as usual, a thematical focus and chronologic structure has proven to be superior, particulary due to the positive remarks for such ordering on different sites (most game events throw just random rotation, so we stand really out with this and some ppl really appreciate the effort to order maps thematical) and we achieved the largest numbers of players with these types of events, not to mention that this way we get often overlooked maps back into playing (i particulary think of Arctic Convoy which was even separated from the normal game rotation and nobody wanted to play it on normal days, but when we had it running in last event, people loved it! This is just such a occasion which wouldn't have happend when we only play popular maps in non-thematic line)
Benjamins request is nothing new actually, it is just a step backwards.

DeathDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 5:06 PM | Message # 9
Major General
Awards: 12
I agree, I don't like this idea, the idea is the same as a fightnight. We would be wasted an event day or days for something that is like a fightnight.

No go from me.

Stefan1990Date: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 5:29 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant General
we could turn of mapvope and let the maps run from a - z on weekdays wink but that makes no sence....

SimoHayhaDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 5:41 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Awards: 4
how abotu we plan the event alphabeticallly according to map type, for instance, A can be for Amphibious, we have an event with all amphibious maps, B could be for bombing or boats or whatever tickles our fancy, C for carrier, and the list goes on, we could use it as a frame work for coming up with events,,,,

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 11:12 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant General
Please no alphabetical order there are some maps that are really bad and it has a cause because most don´t want to play...

mayerDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 11:30 PM | Message # 13
Admin
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
Please no alphabetical order there are some maps that are really bad and it has a cause because most don´t want to play...

i say some maps are just not playable with few people but really bad is none

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 12:07 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant General
Yes, better words

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 4:30 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Ok, I think democracy has let had its ring, lol. I'll drop the idea.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Events: » Benjamins ABC request
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990