Sunday, 2017-11-19, 1:07 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 3123»
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Announcements » bf1942 dies on may 31st :/ (Game-spy master servers shutting down - May 31, 2014)
bf1942 dies on may 31st :/
_q8Date: Saturday, 2014-04-05, 0:47 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
All of GameSpy multiplayer servers will be going down permanently on May 31, 2014. Here are all the games impacted:

<<All Games Affected>>

[2002] Games

[2003] Games

[2004] Games

[2005] Games

[2006] Games

[2007] Games

[2008] Games

[2009] Games

[2010] Games

Good News:
Activision won't be affected!

Sources:
http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/gamespy-multiplayer-shutting-down-hundreds-of-games-at-risk
http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/03/gamespy-servers-shutting-down-on-may-31/

Message edited by _q8 - Saturday, 2014-04-05, 2:25 AM

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2014-04-06, 12:50 PM | Message # 2
FHSW Wikia Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 12
Run our server on Gamespy?

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2014-04-06, 12:50 PM | Message # 3
FHSW Wikia Admin
Quote Dendro ()
Hey Guys,

Haven't yet seen a thread on the FHSW Europe forums on this Topic:
GameSpy will shut down it's service by May 31st 2014.
GameSpy page

Games affected are:

As far as I understand this it basically means that the in-game serverbrowser of BF42 won't work anymore. Joining with direct IP should still work though.
Moreover, you won't be able to see Server Stats on tools like game tracker. So you won't know how many people are on the servers unless you join and check it yourself...

I hope this won't be the deathblow to the small FHSW community

What do you think about it?

Korsakov829Date: Sunday, 2014-04-06, 6:34 PM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
A number of those games on that list already had GameSpy shut down years ago. And why are they saying Activision won't be effected when they already have been? Liars who try to make it sound like it's not so bad.

For the games they already stopped supporting here's what happened: No servers appeared on list, and you could enter a username and password regardless of whether or not it existed and it would work, even if it was your own account and the password was wrong.

Now one of the fixes for the server list was for server owners and players to replace some .exe's, edit their hosts file, and essentially send/receive data from somebody's own server which would act as the replacement list. So if the lists stop working which I believe they will then a fix is not going to be a problem, but it will kill the game. Now, that happened with non-EA games, so we'll see if they do anything about this on their end.

As I told Nate the other night, the reason is likely because companies aren't paying GameSpy, and because GS let it go for many years. They're broke.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2014-04-07, 0:44 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Awards: 8
I truly am worried about this. Not that it will be the end of our community (I am worried about that but not that much), but that it will kill the server. I believe the only way we will be able to keep FHSW Europe server alive is if we start going all out on warnings, advertisements, announcements, the works. Put something on the home page here as an Announcement and put it where people will look, Moddb.com, battlefield.com, etc. I will be willing to help out with anything that arises or spreading the word, but we got to get started, otherwise it will be too late and we all will be very sorry.:unsure:

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Monday, 2014-04-07, 0:44 AM

Fritz-KempfDate: Monday, 2014-04-07, 10:19 AM | Message # 6
FHSW Wikia Admin
So Gamespy make sure that you have a server list inside the game? If Gamespy is not able to do this job, can we sere who is on the server via Gamtracker?

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-04-07, 2:33 PM | Message # 7
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Yes Game Tracker will work.

DendroDate: Monday, 2014-04-07, 5:26 PM | Message # 8
Private
I'm not sure if gametracker will work. As far as I understand you can only query stats from the gameservers via GameSpy (GS). 

But there are several other services equal to GS, or even some faked GS-Servers (formerly used to play with stolen CD-Keys). FHSWman would need to release a small patch that links to those faked servers instead of the original GS-Servers.
I know that this is possible for BF2 since both remaining active mods (FH2, PR) will do so. But I don't know if this is also possible with BF1942.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2014-04-07, 5:59 PM | Message # 9
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Awards: 21
Quote Dendro ()
I'm not sure if gametracker will work. As far as I understand you can only query stats from the gameservers via GameSpy (GS).
It will. Certainly, Gametracker uses Gamespy protocol to get info about scanned server, but this is only Gametracker - game server connection, without Gamespy master server involved.

FHSW Youtube Channel

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2014-04-07, 6:05 PM

DendroDate: Monday, 2014-04-07, 6:09 PM | Message # 10
Private
That's damn good news!

JiangZhongzhengDate: Sunday, 2014-04-13, 5:22 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
It appears BF1942 has been saved!

http://www.gameranger.com/games/ Look into the "B" section and you can see the Battlefield 1942 games.

Plus, BF2 and BF2142 will also be saved: http://gamingbolt.com/ea-working-on-keeping-old-online-games-active

Only question is: Will the CD versions be safe as well?

Message edited by JiangZhongzheng - Sunday, 2014-04-13, 5:23 AM

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-04-13, 10:16 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
Awards: 14
Quote JiangZhongzheng ()
Only question is: Will the CD versions be safe as well?

We are talking about EA here ....
I'm pretty sure it won't dry

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2014-04-13, 12:52 PM | Message # 13
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Gameranger has to do nothing with EA. It just emulates LAN network through the Internet, like Tunngle or Hamachi do, so you will be able to play with only ones who have Gameranger installed, and this is small amount of our players, I suppose. I am worried that 1942 wasn't mentioned in Origin's Twitter. So, BF1942 has to prepare a replacement for Gamespy master server, just in case.

FHSW Youtube Channel

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2014-04-13, 1:51 PM

OPTIMUSDate: Sunday, 2014-04-13, 3:59 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
Awards: 5
FYI, if there is no replacement gamespy setup by EA the game will crash as soon as you try to go to multiplayer, I don't think you will even be able to access the direct connection feature. So we will need to join the server via Xfire or a direct shortcut on desktop.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2014-05-12, 0:01 AM | Message # 15
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
And this is certainly the end: BF1942, BF2 and BF2142 was removed from Origin.
http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
Deadline is on June 30.
Fortunately, FH2 and PR developers come up with a solution, so I hope they will share it.

FHSW Youtube Channel

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2014-05-12, 3:50 AM | Message # 16
Colonel
Awards: 8
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
And this is certainly the end
Well, it looks like it is the end then, even if FH2 and PR do come up with a solution, if the game isn't available via origin then you might as well call it lights out, because that's the only way most people are able to play for free. Once you cut off the flow of new people joining the game, the lifeline is cut and pretty soon its only the veterans still playing the game. That's a very small percentile. Pigs may fly but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if all BF1942, BF2142, and BF2 related mods and games die by the end of the summer. If this be the end, it truly was a great ride.
There "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" sadwalk

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Monday, 2014-05-12, 3:55 AM

E-3Date: Monday, 2014-05-12, 5:37 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 3
smile the best fix for bf1942  is new master server well here it is
[u][color=#000080]http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtop....u] [forum.bf1942.sk]   

we will not go quietly into the night we will not vanish without a fight
We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day! from ea!
we are one community all bf1942 fans! we have to set aside our differences and work as one to save bf1942!

im old bf1942 player i go far back all the way to 2002
and i also play cnc generals

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2014-05-12, 6:18 AM | Message # 18
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote E-3 ()
smile the best fix for bf1942 is new master server well here it is
http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtop....u] [forum.bf1942.sk]

we will not go quietly into the night we will not vanish without a fight
We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day! from ea!
we are one community all bf1942 fans! we have to set aside our differences and work as one to save bf1942!

That's damn good news!
Btw, you link is broken, here it is: http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1765&start=30

Out of my ashes
will rise a new phoenix.

A soaring being
returning from death
proving once again
that life is eternal.

I live forever
because the spirit
never dies.

I will return
in another body
in another time,
but it is me.

The me who is me now
will always be.

As long as I live,
I learn.
And I live
Forever

FHSW Youtube Channel

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2014-05-12, 6:32 AM

yuuyaDate: Monday, 2014-05-12, 8:16 PM | Message # 19
Private
Group: Friends
Although does not understand what happens to BF1942 after this, we still not stop the hand of development.

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2014-05-13, 9:48 AM | Message # 20
General
Awards: 38
Thanks for your info yuuya and also E-3/Radio.

My suggestion for the next FHSW update: We should create a multi part installer which includes BF1942+FH+FHSW and the modified exe, similar to what slobodan did.
For example:

Part 1: BF1942
Part 2: FH
Part 3: FHSW

So people only have to download what they need and not 7 GB which for some people (like me) can take several days. Each part has to include the modified exe so we are sure they have it even when they only require one part to play FHSW.

If you click on Multiplayer without the modified .exe after Gamespy shutdown your game will freeze and you can only close it via task manager! It's a bug in the code.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Announcements » bf1942 dies on may 31st :/ (Game-spy master servers shutting down - May 31, 2014)
Page 1 of 3123»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990