Saturday, 2016-12-10, 1:08 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » FHSW Corner » Adding new weapons and vehi.. any tutorials still out there?
Adding new weapons and vehi.. any tutorials still out there?
OpenheadersDate: Sunday, 2013-08-25, 3:04 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Sorry if this is kind of the wrong area for a question like this, but there really isn't a general Modding area in the forums (feel free to move this topic if needed)  Anyways, do any of you guys know  of tutorials on how to add new weapons and vehicles to Battlefield 1942.... more specifically FH:SW... I want to add some french weapons and tanks my buddy created inlcuding the berthier, the automatique fusil 1917, and a chauchat.  Any advice on where to find some tutorials would be greatly helpful.  Thanks guys

Message edited by Openheaders - Sunday, 2013-08-25, 3:05 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2013-08-25, 10:07 AM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 37
Hi and welcome!

There aren't really many modders here afaik so we haven't had the need yet for an own section.

I have some experience with modding vehicles but I've never worked with handweapons so I might not be able to answer everything but before I can help you I need a bit more information.
1) In what file format are the weapons? I assume they aren't exported yet.
2) Have you modded before in BF1942? Here's an old but still good basic tutorial about adding hand weapons: *click*
3) Is each weapon just one model? It might be necessary to create a simple (low poly) version of it and to seperate the magazine from the weapon.
4) Can you please post some pictures of the weapons, I would like to see them. smile

My Youtube Channel

OpenheadersDate: Sunday, 2013-08-25, 9:37 PM | Message # 3
Private
Thanks I can get a pic of the chauchat for you (it might not be the greatest model, but it's the only one i know of).. and yes i have modded RFA files, but all i've done is edit map parameters (changing textures, adding vehicles/spawn kits to the map via editing the text file, and changing factions), magazine numbers, and new infantry classes for singleplayer in FHSW. 

I also plan on adding the french Adriatic style helmet for the reserve classes... as you can see I'm a yank who gives kudos to the french, and am fascinated by the early  world war 2 periods.

OpenheadersDate: Tuesday, 2013-08-27, 8:13 AM | Message # 4
Private
I apologize if you can not see the chauchat anymore... the idiots at americaneaglesmodding (the site i hosted the image at) only allow farm equipment from farming
sim 2013... even though i clearly put the chauchat under "My Gallery" and under "Other Games".... anyways do any of you guys know how to extract a texture out of a .rfa file that seems to think the .dds file doesn't exist.. or theres some kind of error.. i'm using the berthier texture from bg42(and it's for personal use, so it's not violating any creators stuff)  Once again any help on this topic would be great... thank you.

Message edited by Openheaders - Tuesday, 2013-08-27, 8:13 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-08-27, 3:25 PM | Message # 5
General
Hmm, I don't quite understand what you're trying to accomplish. Are you saying you want to use only the texture from BG42 for your model or do you want to extract the whole thing (model+texture+code) from BG42?

My Youtube Channel

OpenheadersDate: Tuesday, 2013-08-27, 4:54 PM | Message # 6
Private
Yeah... I already have the model extracted... but the texture's being difficult... unless of course im not doing something right and i need to do the (model-texture-code) all together at once.  Should i be doing it all at once?

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-08-27, 7:03 PM | Message # 7
General
Textures are saved in the mod's texture.rfa

A model in BF1942 consists of two files: *.sm and *.rs
  • .sm is the actual model made of polygons, each polygon also has a Material ID. You use Material IDs to apply different textures to your model. So for example if you have a model which only uses one texture you simply set all polygons to Material ID 1.
  • .rs contains the information which textures to use for each Material ID defined in the .sm file
    Example file:

Code
    subshader "Do335B-2_Canopy_Internal_M1_Material0" "StandardMesh/Default" ***<---- Material 1***
    {
        lighting true;
        lightingSpecular false;
        materialDiffuse 1.0 1.0 1.0;
        texture "texture/Do335_2"; ***<---- Texture***
    }

subshader "Do335B-2_Canopy_Internal_M1_Material1" "StandardMesh/Default" ***<---- Material 2***
    {
        lighting true;
        lightingSpecular false;
        materialDiffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235;
        envmap true;
        texture "texture/Ju88_Glas_lines"; ***<---- Texture***
    }

So look in the weapon's .rs file (which you can open with notepad) to see the name of the texture(s) it uses. Extract these then from the texture.rfa and pack them into your mod's texture.rfa.

My Youtube Channel
  •  
    OpenheadersDate: Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 3:31 AM | Message # 8
    Private
    Allrighty.. Thanks sir.. I owe you one!

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » FHSW Corner » Adding new weapons and vehi.. any tutorials still out there?
    Page 1 of 11
    Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990