[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » FHSW Corner » Hi to all
Hi to all
mastakillaDate: Thursday, 2015-05-07, 5:51 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
I couldn't find any new member introduction forum or thread, so I thought I'd introduce myself here. Moderators feel free to move the thread if I am in the wrong section.

My in game nick is Black Mamba. I have been playing this game since 2004/2005 but quickly became bored with the repetitive layout of the vanilla + XPack maps and content. In 2006/2007, I started modding the Secret Weapons Demo, which is the demo for the official XPack Secret Weapons.

At first I started fiddling with the server side code but quickly became interested in making client-side mods, and later, full game conversions. It is interesting to note that a number of fun mods were made for this demo, which, running on v1.45 of BF1942.exe, allowed for real client-side modding compared to the BF1942 Multiplayer Demo, which is v.1.0/1.1 and was really limited in that regard.

Quickly after starting to make full conversion mods for the SW Demo, I went back to retail and decided to gather more modding knowledge there. I realized modding a dead demo wasn't going to get me anywhere in the BF1942 Modding universe, so I ultimately moved to full for all my modding projects for good.

Plus, the SW Demo didn't allow quick mod/map switching as it was limited to only one map (Hellendoorn) and mod (XPack2), which started to become a major turn off for me. During my time on the full version of the game, I probably downloaded and installed around 30 + GB of mods of all sorts. FHSW was one of them and I was amazed by the amount of models, maps, vehicles and other pieces of code that were put into that mod. With EoD, DC and all it's variants, FH, GC, FinnWars and BFP, it was hands down the most amazing mod I've played.

Very recently I started making a mod on my own, which is a small infantry conversion mod which I posted on the FHSW Europe forums already. I work alone on this project and plan to make around 8 infantry only maps for my full release. With this infantry only mod, which I named Raised Fist, I wanted to make an infantry mod that stands out from the other infantry oriented map packs/mods out there.

I made sure to remove the prone bugs by removing proning entirely, and as I also wanted to create a faster paced mod, disabled some abilities which were susceptible to slow down the player, such as zooming and parachutes. Also as I was extremely bored with vanilla statics and guns, I ported some hand weapons from XPack2/XPack1. Most of the maps in the mod, if not all, use custom meshes which I bought on the Internet and optimized for BF.

So there you have it, my modding bio in short. I am always interested in helping other modding projects out with mapping (my specialty), sound coding, modeling, texturing, and modding cosmetics (menu tweaks, lexicon, etc).

CanukAttakDate: Thursday, 2015-05-07, 8:56 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Awards: 4
would you feel like doing some mapping for FHSW? if so I think we could agree the more people willing to help the better.  I personally have no idea how to map but i have some ideas that i would like to suggest for maps same with other members most likely.  do you have download link for your mod?

At the same time with helping out, i dont know how much knowledge you have of forgotten hope secret weapons but i know me and other members of the community can help you vehicle balancing or whatever. 

This mod is very much alive but at the same time with out new maps we get stuck in a rut (my personal opinion).  So even if making some maps that aren't overly detailed or just convert maps to fhsw would be A BIG BONUS in my opinion.

Anyway its just a suggestion WELCOME TO FHSW EUROPE COMMUNITY FORUMS .  Hope to see you on the server (server time is usually 5pm CET time to 12 am CET time) AND Sundays are event day sometimes Saturday too.  i might be wrong on server times since i live in vancouver canada but if you live in europe its in the evening but if in north america its morning to afternoon for us.

CanukAttakDate: Thursday, 2015-05-07, 11:13 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Awards: 4
Quote CanukAttak ()
do you have download link for your mod?
i found it

mastakillaDate: Friday, 2015-05-08, 5:23 AM | Message # 4
Private
Awards: 0
Hey man, I live in Canada too, East Coast (Ottawa). Sorry for the mod though, I should have provided a link.

I'm willing to give a hand with any project and it would be nice if the help could be mutual as my mod is still developed very slowly (I'm the only one working on it) and a few extra mappers would be much appreciated.

Be advised that my area of expertise with mapping is restricted to infantry only maps, so if FHSW is in need of those, then of course I'll give them a hand with throwing together a map pack.

My FHSW knowledge is pretty limited as I haven't played the mod for years now and obviously now with the newer version there's a ton of vehicles I'm unfamiliar with. I'd leave full map creation (with vehicles and all) for other more experienced FHSW mappers.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't have a PC to play on/mod right now but when I do get one, I will install FHSW on my modding setup and try the events.

Cheers,

Mamba.

Message edited by mastakilla - Friday, 2015-05-08, 5:29 AM

MannsDate: Friday, 2015-05-08, 9:50 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Awards: 10
Welcome Mastakilla

Hope to see you tonight :)

I play FHSW since 2008

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

starking018Date: Friday, 2015-05-08, 8:46 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 10
Welcome Black Mamba.

Have fun with FHSW!

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » FHSW Corner » Hi to all
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990