Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 4:54 PM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Mapping » Lagoon Patrol (A new map idea)
Lagoon Patrol
XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 2:18 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 15
Hi there,
so here is an idea for a completely new map for FHSW.
And it is set in .... the Pacific theatre. I know, I've mentioned to think about something in Hungary but I rather want to work now on a map which contains various small isles and atolls.

Personally I like PT boats and sea planes... so why not making a map which focuses on a symmetrical battle about an atoll and sea flags which have to be conquered with a balanced team of PT boat sailors and submarines + the air support of sea planes equipped with water bombs? Also landing boats, dingies and other types of little naval transport vessels would be included.
Soldier classes with normal riflemen, pilots, engineers, medics and maybe grenadiers should help to form a complete pt boat crew for example.

Each team (US navy & Japanese Marine) start on an own little island where pt boats, subs, and sea planes spawn.

There are 3 flags in the ocean and one flag on an neutral island in the centre of the map.
Once captured a flag there won't be any soldier spawn points for reinforcements so that all material has to brought from the main base island.
But these main bases can be captured by the enemy team: It would take long to take the flag but it is possible to wipe out the enemy team by attacking their main isle. That's why the main base offers MGs, coastal guns, and a few AA batteries.

Concerning the atmosphere of the map:
I'm fed up with this sunshine-dream-weather-pacific-holiday feeling so I would like to choose a cloudy skybox. The whole light would be more diffuse and I want to enable the FHSW night effects with lower expousure. The waves of the water should be more frantic and for a perfect looming pacific storm I'd like to have background atmosphere sound of Monte Cassino ( the one with the rolling thunder sounds)

Well to bad there is no US Narwal submarine class nor the japanese I-400 sentoku class.
Also the Catalina or Mavis/Emily as larger sea planes would have been a perfect fit for reconaissance and torpedo/water bomb attacks.
I'dont know if the available US and Japanese sea planes can all be equipped with water bombs...

Sorry for the lack of useful image material about the map's layout.
I think I will start battlecraft to create the landscape as a first step.

Opinions, criticism, further ideas are welcome!

Edit: Well I think the level's name is okay. Since Atoll Patrol would have sounded ridiculous biggrin

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2014-03-23, 2:21 PM

LampoDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 5:13 PM | Message # 2
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 23
nice idea, I like this ambientation... maybe atolls must have bunkers and heavy defenses when captured, Japanese style...Now I've a question ???
Why are you wasting your time reading this post ??? Work hard!!!... hurry up
snack

mayerDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 5:49 PM | Message # 3
Admin
Group: Blocked
Awards: 14
Quote Xenanab ()
Personally I like PT boats and sea planes... so why not making a map which focuses on a symmetrical battle about an atoll and sea flags which have to be conquered with a balanced team of PT boat sailors and submarines + the air support of sea planes equipped with water bombs?

ach team (US navy & Japanese Marine) start on an own little island where pt boats, subs, and sea planes spawn.

this sounds very similar to Run_Silent_Run_Deep-1943 from FH Fanmappack7/Battle of the Atlantic
maybe take a look at it

i wanted to add it to fhsw mappack anyway

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 6:20 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
FH Fanmappack 7?
Mh, isnt that a FH1 PFC thing? Do we have the 'permission' to implement that?

Sorry if I'm wrong

mayerDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 8:25 PM | Message # 5
Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
Mh, isnt that a FH1 PFC thing? Do we have the 'permission' to implement that?

that's total rubbish. PFC has absolutely nothing to do with these maps other than they use of them too.
And this is the last time i say that. Just because they offer a FTP for download of maps doesn't mean that they have credit in their creation.

The above map was made by [WDW]Megaraptor who wanted to create a minimod 'FH Battle of the Atlantic' but stopped after creating a couple of maps and the catalina. His work was merged with maps by Real-BadSeed, Lili Marlene, RussianComrade/Toucinator, Bonta Kun, Xacto, Civius, Natty Wallo and released as the FH Fanmappack 7 which is a public distributed mappack for Forgotten Hope. Years ago it was also hosted on several other FH servers before PFC got monopoly.
Arctic Convoy, Battle for Ortona, Battle of Leyte Gulf and Reichsbahn are also part of Fanmappack 7 and used in FHSW

Here are non-PFC mirrors:
http://www.bf-games.net/downloa....es.html
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fhrmod/downloads/fh-fan-mappack-7

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 8:44 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Okay then I had a bad source.

But to be honest I will nevertheless try my map ^^
We will see in what this results in.

mayerDate: Sunday, 2014-03-23, 9:08 PM | Message # 7
Admin
I just say that it takes less amount of work to modify existing maps.
You are not the only one with ideas for maps but building a map from stretch takes much time
and when there is already a map with similar gameplay/setting it may not even be worth the effort.

Also help in form of suggestions, additions for the old maps to finish the first FHSW mappack 'Classics Revisitied' would be much appreciated. I just can't find the time to take care of all the maps now (for example i need to make this week's FHT map ready too). Though i got some ideas already (Polish vs German Paratroopers on Monte Cassino, moving axis base on hill of Monte Santa Croce and give bombers to allies, useable V1&V2 on Peenemunde and a very heavy edit on Essen, turning it into a 1943 night bombing map with name 'Battle of the Ruhr')

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Mapping » Lagoon Patrol (A new map idea)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990