Monday, 2016-12-05, 0:31 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Mapping » Editor42 tutorial? (All others are down.)
Editor42 tutorial?
JiangZhongzhengDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-30, 3:57 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
I can't find a very good video tutorial on how to use ED42, the one video that could be helpful has been taken down. Any other sites (English) that I can use to help me make a map?

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-30, 9:22 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Awards: 9
You may consider taking a look on this thread because I had the exact same questions then ^^
At the beginning you need to set up all neccessary files, so you should definitely take a look at the first pages of that thread.
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-465-1

JiangZhongzhengDate: Friday, 2015-10-02, 5:15 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Your post seems to be about converting an already existing map from one mod to another. I need help creating an entirely new map for Galactic Conquest. I don't want to reveal many details, but if you're willing to help, send me a PM and i'll give you some credit in the loading screen smile

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-10-02, 8:17 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Awards: 9
Please, read along on this thread. eye's first post for example reveals a lot of useful links that may help you getting started anyway.

That's why I've written "take a look at the first pages of that thread"

wewakDate: Friday, 2015-10-02, 10:49 AM | Message # 5
Major
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Yes there is a good video in the second post. Remember the directories need to be exact. And I am not 100% sure on this but I think ed42 cannot read subfolders so you have to copy and paste any textures from subfolders that  you need into your main texture folder, for example.

You might find some more stuff that helps here smile http://www.bfmods.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Message edited by wewak - Friday, 2015-10-02, 10:52 AM

JiangZhongzhengDate: Tuesday, 2015-10-13, 4:17 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
So my plans on actually making a new map kind of fell through, so i'd rather edit existing maps into push maps. Three maps i'm currently interested in are: 

Hoth

Ryloth

Lok

I'd have to change a few object positions and spawns, but I wouldn't change much else for the most part. Only guide I can find on making push maps is this bfmods thread: http://www.bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1578

Any real tutorials on setting up push maps? Also, aside from Editor42, what are the required tools I need to actually edit a map and then put it in game.

mastakillaDate: Thursday, 2015-12-17, 5:59 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Recruit
Quote JiangZhongzheng ()
Any real tutorials on setting up push maps? Also, aside from Editor42, what are the required tools I need to actually edit a map and then put it in game

Everything is explained in details on BFMods regarding the tools you need to edit the map and pack it up. With the BF MDT Toolkit you got pretty much everything you need to do basic modding. Just look around man. There's even a thread on BFMods where all the modding and mapping tools are listed.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europ Community! » Mapping » Editor42 tutorial? (All others are down.)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Powered by Stefan1990