Sunday, 2017-06-25, 0:15 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » some suggestions for the admins
some suggestions for the admins
MikDate: Thursday, 2012-04-26, 6:41 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hi all!

im sure you know me as a member of the ''clan'' sod, Mik. And recently i thought lets install fhsw for the fun of it. and its still a nice game.
But i do dont always agree on how the server is runned. so i have some suggestions u might want to read and or apply, you would make some old veterans like me happier about this game, wich is to me still one of the best.

for one, the map cycle. maps are loaded pretty much random, and there are some maps that are played always. so i thought why dont run the maps in cronological order from 39 to 45 and the same theatre of war. this way you can get a feeling ur going somewhere. for me its feels like a demo server sometimes.

tickets. i think, considering the long loading times on maps that each map should be played longer, so add more tickets and drop the 30minutes, no time at all. in this way even with not much players you can have more fun on a map. (especially in naval and air maps) and objective maps.

Well thats all i have for now.

Greetings

Mik

Message edited by Mik - Thursday, 2012-04-26, 6:44 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2012-04-26, 8:05 PM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hi Mik, welcome to the Forum!

Quote (Mik)
for one, the map cycle. maps are loaded pretty much random, and there are some maps that are played always. so i thought why dont run the maps in cronological order from 39 to 45 and the same theatre of war. this way you can get a feeling ur going somewhere. for me its feels like a demo server sometimes.

Agreed, all I see is El Alamein and Falaise Pocket when I come to this site. Something must be wrong here. (btw. I'm only admin for the site not the server so I can't do much about it)

Quote (Mik)
tickets. i think, considering the long loading times on maps that each map should be played longer, so add more tickets and drop the 30minutes, no time at all. in this way even with not much players you can have more fun on a map. (especially in naval and air maps) and objective maps.

We had high tickets before and I think it was boring, there was no pressure to take a flag because they were so high the timer always ended the round. I have the feeling that the gameplay has improved since then and the players are more focused on taking/defending flags than improving their kdr.

Without timer+high tickets most maps will take way over one hour with our player count and considering that we only really play on ~6-7 hours per week we won't be able to play many of the maps. I'm all for variety and don't really mind the loading times but I'm interested in how others see that.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2012-04-27, 5:45 PM | Message # 3
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Mik)

I understand but I'm worried that people will get complaining, saying things like "wut, desert all the time" or "blaaah planes again". What would I do? I would choose maps that are suitable for low player number only (push maps especially or objectives?) and keep the variety at the same time.

Quote (Mik)

here I support eYe's position. Some time ago we had a serious battle concerning tickets http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/44-80-1 The shorter playing time the higher maps ammount you may play

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2012-04-27, 6:45 PM | Message # 4
General
Are you able to change the map rotation, J?

Something is wrong, look at the server stats for example:

It seems that only El Al and Falaise Pocket are in the cycle.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Stefan1990Date: Saturday, 2012-04-28, 8:43 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant General
Awards: 7
i am not at home in the moment! mr_J please set the round time to 50min and set no idelmap! Thank you!

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2012-04-28, 11:24 AM | Message # 6
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
It seems that only El Al and Falaise Pocket are in the cycle.

El Ala was set as an "idle map". Server automatically loads and keeps the idle map when everybody is gone. Now cleared as you wished to.
Later I will try to change maps order

mardukDate: Saturday, 2012-04-28, 5:18 PM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 27
Yes, El Alamein was set as idle map. I set it because I saw that people won't connect when nobody is online and other maps than the favourite one's like El ala are set.
You will see that clearing El Alamein as idle map will make the server even emptier.
The point is, that most maps are just too big and when nobody is on the server people won't connect on big maps because it is just pointless. But El Alamein or Kharkow winter 1941 guarantee that people will connect.
That we don't have much players at the moment probably is caused by the spring and the better weather anyway..

Regarding what eye said, I'm also totally against a longer round time because that means we can only play like 5 maps a night... Many players would be bored..

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 12:23 PM | Message # 8
General
Sorry, I didn't know that you could set an idle map.

Quote (marduk)
The point is, that most maps are just too big and when nobody is on the server people won't connect on big maps because it is just pointless.

We should create a cycle with the maps that fit our player count then.

Quote (marduk)
That we don't have much players at the moment probably is caused by the spring and the better weather anyway..

This + everyone waiting for v0.5. sad I sure hope that everyone shows up when it's finished then. Otherwise I and probably some others are pretty much done with FHSW..

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » some suggestions for the admins
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990