Page 1 of 212»
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » Tickets percentage
Tickets percentage
Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2011-06-28, 9:11 PM | Message # 1
Accessory Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 22
VERY IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY

I think that tickets number needs to be globally and significantly decreased. Why? Take account of fact that we are small community. During good days, we can gather up to roughly ~20 players and FHSW crew desgined all maps to be played with full 64 server. 10 persons will NEVER reduce opponent's tickets to zero. That's why you should divide tickets percentage by 3 (64/~20). Eg. a map with default 900:1200 should have 300:400 tickets which is way more adequate for our small community.

I wouldn't ask for that if it were hard to do, but it needs few clicks only and it could contribute for better gameplay. Think why DICE allowed users to manually set tickets percentage. ok

kiss

Message edited by Mr_J - Tuesday, 2011-06-28, 9:40 PM

KhaineDate: Tuesday, 2011-06-28, 11:04 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
I don't think you can do that through ssm.
Otherwise, lots of map from FH 0.7 for example, would have been modified (like Operation Lilliput, japanese can't win this map).

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2011-06-29, 9:40 AM | Message # 3
Accessory Admin
Quote (Khaine)
I don't think you can do that through ssm.

Quote (Mr_J)
I wouldn't ask for that if it were hard to do, (...) Think why DICE allowed users to manually set tickets percentage.

No, I realize that my post was not understandable but as I said it may be done globally by ONE slider

Quote (Khaine)
Otherwise, lots of map from FH 0.7 for example, would have been modified (like Operation Lilliput, japanese can't win this map).

FH0.7 never needed such modification as there was no problem with gathering 64 players up. I'm not going to change teams ratio, I belive that mappers knew what they were doing, but I'm strongly convinced that lowering tickets number will lead to improved gameplay.

These days it looks like senseless murdering each other until map's time runs out. Nobody cares about tickets..

I hope that dear admins are smart enough to consider this...

Message edited by Mr_J - Wednesday, 2011-06-29, 6:27 PM

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2011-06-29, 4:42 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant General
Awards: 7
very good idea!

i changed the settings as soon as possible. i will set the ticket ration from 400 to 200 and the attacker ticket ration from 100 to 150. i hope this settings are okay. test it and post your surgestions.

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2011-06-29, 7:33 PM | Message # 5
Accessory Admin
Quote (Stefan1990)
i changed the settings as soon as possible. i will set the ticket ration from 400 to 200 and the attacker ticket ration from 100 to 150. i hope this settings are okay. test it and post your surgestions.

hmm it sounds a bit too sophisticated. Just lower global ratio (Ticket Ratio) to 250% and Attacker Ticket Modifier leave at 100% smile We will see how it does work anyways

Message edited by Mr_J - Wednesday, 2011-06-29, 7:57 PM

Stefan1990Date: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 5:12 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant General
the new settings are ON

KhaineDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 5:28 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Aah ok, I misunderstood the first post.
It's a good idea with such numbers but I hope the rounds won't be too short with this settings.

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2011-07-02, 2:18 PM | Message # 8
Accessory Admin
Thank you Stefan. I had no time to join server today, will test tomorrow

EDIT:
Well... I've checked it out and i dont see any difference... Tickets amount still is very high

Message edited by Mr_J - Saturday, 2011-07-02, 2:19 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 8:52 AM | Message # 9
General
Awards: 38
Just for reference: the tickets on the Prince Umeboshi-server are mostly around 400-600 with 30 min playtime.
Also at the event on sunday every map ended when the time ran out (except for that Stalingrad map, where they captured every flag pretty quickly). So I agree with Mr_J that the number of tickets should be lowered even more.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2011-08-01, 6:53 PM | Message # 10
General
Bumping this because i think the event showed it once again that the tickets are still too high.
Without being able to reduce the enemy-tickets to zero, it feels more like team-deathmatch and not conquest. huh
Because of this there is no pressure for the players to take a flag, you can just lean back and rack up kills.

Another point is that sometimes during a map one team has such a high ticket-lead, that it is impossible to win for the other team. Still the map goes for another 10 minutes because the ticket-count is so high.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the guys on Prince Umeboshi play with 400-600 tickets. Despite that the playtime for one map is still around 15-25 minutes.

How do the other players see that?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2011-08-01, 9:55 PM | Message # 11
Accessory Admin
Hi eYe!

Quote (Endless_Nameless)

Let me quote Marduk's PM forwarded to me as a reply to this topic:

Quote (Marduk)
You are not in the position to tell us what to do, no matter how many players we have (commands like "change map!", "decrease the damned tickets!" and so forth are really unpolite and there are other ways to speak to us admins). I'm really pissed off by your disrespectful behaviour and that we don't have that many players doesn't mean that we put up everything from them!

cranky

GeneralFischerDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-02, 10:17 AM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 2

You are right, I think we should try it. smile

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 2:31 PM | Message # 13
General
Quote (Mr_J)
Hi eYe!

Quote (Endless_Nameless)

Let me quote Marduk's PM forwarded to me as a reply to this topic:

Quote (Marduk)
You are not in the position to tell us what to do, no matter how many players we have (commands like "change map!", "decrease the damned tickets!" and so forth are really unpolite and there are other ways to speak to us admins). I'm really pissed off by your disrespectful behaviour and that we don't have that many players doesn't mean that we put up everything from them!

I made my posting more as my personal thought in this discussion and not as an order to the admins. I hope they see it like that as well. smile

The reason why I posted: After the inital fun I had with FHSW I started losing my interest in it because the actual gameplay is a bit repetitive (at least for me). I didn't know why but then I discovered your thread and thought: 'Yeah, that may be the reason'.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 9:31 PM | Message # 14
Accessory Admin
I made my posting more as my personal thought in this discussion and not as an order to the admins. I hope they see it like that as well. smile

And what wrong did >I< do? Show me where did I write any ORDERS? By quoting his PM I pointed you out an absurdity of keeping tickets unchanged... He considers this topic as my personal demand, that's ridiculous! Marduk doesn't like me, and I don't care about this, but it's sad that other players suffer from that.

-----------
PS. Giving server bans to persons who try to keep FHSW alive, by sharing fresh ideas and promoting FHSW among players (check my topic on battlefield.pl site, the very first thread on top) injures me so much. That's Marduk-style...

I see that Stefan is the only reasonable admin over here.

I belive that you can understand me.

PS2. Try to not use google translator if you want to get my sentences correct smile

Message edited by Mr_J - Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 9:47 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 10:20 PM | Message # 15
General
I know that you did a lot for the community. Because of you there are a lot of polish people on the server, I appreciate that very much. I also haven't had trouble with Marduk or anyone else for that matter.

So I didn't know that there is such a drama going on.. It seems that even the smallest community can't exist without it. sad

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2011-08-10, 8:54 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant General
I've written with marduk and he answered me that Mr.J tried to "order" him somethig in the ingame chat. I explained him that Mr.J is one of our important community member and does mutch for us to get more players on our server.

We find ourselves at the moment in a serious crisis ...Many community admins are very inactive in the last weeks (Degtarev,Snagglethooth and fischer) Mayer has left us without saying anything... maby he is dead...
So the whole work remains on both of us ... me and marduk. its not easy to handle the server allone and be fair to all.

my words as community admin: Please stops this dispute! it's a big misunderstanding arose!

Shake hands, forgiving and continues to playing FHSW!

cya on the battlefield!

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2011-08-10, 9:20 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant General
Back to topic!

i set the Ticketmodifier on 100 (= ~400 Tickets per team) I hope there are not too few...
Please post your experiences, impressions and suggestions about the new settings in this thred.

unsure

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2011-08-21, 10:51 AM | Message # 18
General
Thanks Stefan, I think that the new setting is great, I like it. The playtime on each map is still long enough. hands
Sadly I've only been able to play with 10-15 people with the altered ticket-ratio. We will see how it turns out with more people at the upcoming event.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2011-08-21, 12:32 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant General
Thanks for this feedback! Help to promote the event and a lot of players will join!

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2011-12-12, 7:02 PM | Message # 20
Accessory Admin
Hey, lowered tickets have worked well but they were set to default values while installing MapTweak on server. So, could you adjust them again?

Message edited by Mr_J - Monday, 2011-12-12, 7:03 PM

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » Tickets percentage
Page 1 of 212»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990