Thursday, 2017-08-17, 3:57 AM
[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beitr├Ąge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » Redesigning our main page (Ideas for some changes)
Redesigning our main page
mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-04-06, 12:23 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 28
Maybe you also got some ideas to improve the look and structure of our main page. The idea behind this thread is to make the forum easier to handle for newcomers and increase the possibility that those visit us regularly and also post their ideas to improve our community.

I start with my first idea which is an adjustment.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-04-06, 12:27 PM | Message # 2
General
Put the servertime clock above the server information:

Other ideas:
-put direct links to the most relevant threads (like Events) on the mainpage
-

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

luiscarlosredDate: Friday, 2017-04-07, 4:35 AM | Message # 3
Major
Group: Trusted
Awards: 3
I have an idea to adjust:

In the top left menu of the home page I would leave only the topic forum, tutorials and downloads just that other things would leave in a forum topic.

BornDarkness

abbcheese_Date: Friday, 2017-04-07, 10:08 AM | Message # 4
Private
Awards: 0
There should probably be a brief introduction of what FHSW is/what it features near the top of the homepage along with the download links. Perhaps a vanilla BF1942 download link as well to simplify the process - there's currently download links all over the place, variously on the moddb Downloads page (linked in the sidebar), and the FAQ.

Put the servertime clock above the server information:
I'd agree; also the Facebook page doesn't need to be that far up the page, and could probably be shuffled to a lower position on one of the sidebars.

Quote marduk ()
put direct links to the most relevant threads (like Events) on the mainpage
Either this, or if the Next FHSW Event header is kept then a link to the Events thread could be placed there instead. Regardless, server events need to be prominently displayed on the front page to indicate that the community is still active.

In the top left menu of the home page I would leave only the topic forum, tutorials and downloads just that other things would leave in a forum topic.
I'd keep the FAQ and FHSW News there as well, actually. Then you could have the "Latest FHSW News' section on the main page trimmed down to one or two articles and images only.

Message edited by abbcheese_ - Friday, 2017-04-07, 10:11 AM

luiscarlosredDate: Friday, 2017-04-07, 10:42 PM | Message # 5
Major
Quote abbcheese_ ()
I'd keep the FAQ and FHSW News there as well, actually. Then you could have the "Latest FHSW News' section on the main page trimmed down to one or two articles and images only.
It's true, I had not thought of that.

BornDarkness

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2017-04-10, 2:20 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant General
Awards: 14
a little bit more down on the side could be an area that introduce a by chance unit (Tank, plane what ever) from FHSW Wikia and the Wikia itself.

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

kukimuki1234Date: Monday, 2017-04-10, 4:08 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Group: Recruit
I would like to see Forum updates go little up(maybe above chatbox)

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2017-04-12, 8:22 PM | Message # 8
General
Awards: 38
I just implemented some of the suggested changes. My rights on editing the main page are pretty limited however, Stefan is still the only one with full rights.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-04-13, 5:51 AM | Message # 9
General
Thank you!

Quid pro quo.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.51 Server: » Suggestions: » Redesigning our main page (Ideas for some changes)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017 Powered by Stefan1990