[Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon] European CommunityMain

Registration

Login
Welcome Guest | RSS
/
[ Neue Beiträge · Teilnehmer · Forumregeln · Suche · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.61 Server: » Suggestions: » Redesigning our main page (Ideas for some changes)
Redesigning our main page
mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-04-06, 12:23 PM | Message # 1
Chief of staff
Group: Admins
Awards: 32
Maybe you also got some ideas to improve the look and structure of our main page. The idea behind this thread is to make the forum easier to handle for newcomers and increase the possibility that those visit us regularly and also post their ideas to improve our community.

I start with my first idea which is an adjustment.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 4:32 PM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 18
Quote onnipatrika54 ()
Can you put war paintings on front page. Like plane battles, tanks, infantry that stuff.

Personally I don't like this idea. Our mainpage is pretty good stylisticaly already.

Like the great German architect Mies van der Rohe once said: Less is more !

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 4:55 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 17
I think anyone except for Stefan can do that because that is the way a .ucoz page generally works. unsure

Message edited by bubu - Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 4:56 PM

onnipatrika54Date: Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 5:08 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 5
But in my eyes main page look bretty empty because news have been deleted.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 6:23 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant Colonel
True Gameplayer,

I like what Tropical said here:
Quote rickardsv ()
Put a big fat video in the middle of the page with footage showing exactly what FHSW is about, along with a quick installation guide or something, including info on mappacks and 4GB patch with download links. Maybe even a videos/media section other than the small "featured video" on the right which I didn't even notice until recently.

I think if we put links to couple of videos from Radio's youtube channel where there is at least 26-28 people, it will be nice.

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2018-05-16, 7:35 PM | Message # 25
General
Awards: 38
If someone doesn't know what FHSW is or what makes it special, a 30+ minute video of uncommented & unedited footage won't make him try it out. You have to show what it is in less than 2 minutes with good editing etc., there are so many games and videos out there, most people today decide in the first few seconds if they continue or close the video. The old trailer video of FHSW is a very well made video and a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmuXpA4vbA

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Thursday, 2018-05-17, 8:06 AM | Message # 26
Chief of staff
Quote Xenanab: "Like the great German architect Mies van der Rohe once said: Less is more !"

Fully agreed! I have seen so many overloaded unprofessional pages and what we got here is good and enough information. Imagine you are new to this forum, looking for a link for instance and the mainpage is full of other useless stuff. I know that some of the older players have problems with the current version already. Also it can take too long to load it. Maybe one well chosen video, but not more and no WW2-pics or anything!

Quote Endless: "You have to show what it is in less than 2 minutes with good editing etc"

..and this means basically the same as "less is more".

We could create our own FHSW (Europe) trailer similiar to our remake of the BF1-trailer. Or maybe we could use the latter one for the first?

@Endless: are you able to move the facebook-window somewhere to the right where it fits? Maybe below the moddb-window?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

onnipatrika54Date: Thursday, 2018-05-17, 11:41 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Well FHSW trailer video is great idea after all than those pictures yes. Hmm should we greate video from all kind of theatres of war? in 2 mins or less?

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

bubuDate: Thursday, 2018-05-17, 4:49 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
The old trailer video of FHSW is a very well made video and a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmuXpA4vbA
 * Addiction to FHSW intensifies *
That sound track is awesome. What about Kharkov with 5 fighter planes on each side biggrin  (But I guess Rafal would go crazy)

At 2:06 I gaze with amazement. 3:27 I am thinking of massive Crete event xD

But back to topic: Personally, I think we could use this video until we make our own, but we would need permission ( I guess? )

Message edited by bubu - Thursday, 2018-05-17, 4:53 PM

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2018-05-17, 5:27 PM | Message # 29
Colonel
Awards: 18
The old trailer video definitely fullfills its purpose... although it's pretty outdated and there are so many new vehivcles to feature. Alternatively we have the official menu background video.
It's not that exciting to watch since it tries to emphazise another mood; the music by Ryuichi Sakamoto also may not be everyone's cup of tea (I personally really like it since it fits so perfectly with what can be seen):

Then of course we have eYe's fantastic Battlefield 1 trailer (re) demake which was viewed more than 300.000 times:

It may be outdated soon because Battlefield V (which will most likely be set in WWII again) will be revealed soon.

bubuDate: Thursday, 2018-05-17, 6:54 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant Colonel
Hmm, the official menu background video has a lot of frames from the original video, but the music takes the epicness away, imo.

luiscarlosredDate: Saturday, 2018-05-19, 3:47 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant Colonel
I agree with bubu fhsw it's too epic for sad songs.
I think 2 videos of these in our community would be very flashy and would help a lot to popularize even more fhsw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIueVjAmHzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmuXpA4vbA

BornDarkness

mardukDate: Monday, 2018-05-21, 1:44 PM | Message # 32
Chief of staff
Somebody please move the facebook-window somewhere to the right where it fits. Maybe below the moddb-window?

Quid pro quo.

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2018-05-21, 7:33 PM | Message # 33
General
Awards: 38
I put it below the chatbox, the fb page is pretty inactive.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2018-05-23, 6:03 AM | Message # 34
Chief of staff
Thank you!

Quid pro quo.

Forum » [FHSW Europ] FHSW 0.61 Server: » Suggestions: » Redesigning our main page (Ideas for some changes)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2018 Powered by Stefan1990